Mini Portfolio

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

it's 2:45am.....


It's 2:45am this morning..........
















and I'm awakened by my own thoughts....random as they maybe

Stress (yup, that's my middle name!) about my upcoming open house and all that needs to be done. - but you've heard enough about that.

Wondering how in the world I'm going to get all the jobs that have been on hold done by the end of the week.

Wishing my bank account had more zeros. Don't we all?

Thinking....thinking....thinking....

Where's the off switch on my brain and who turned it on so early? And why won't they let me get back to sleep? Even a purring cat one side and my sleeping hubby at the other don't do the trick.

I'm trapped in a place of limbo where my thoughts and worries control me - finally after hours of tug of war, I open my hands and release control and feel the tension quietly drain from my body and settle in for a few minutes of sleep before the alarm blares!!!

How simple it is when we realize there is one who wishes to share our loads and our burdens....why then does it take me so long to realize this???

1 comment:

  1. There is some magical mix of being a women, owning a business and raising a family that equals stress. We put too much pressure on ourselves to achieve perfection. When do we ever get to that place of peace? For me it comes in talking to other women to find out they feel exactly like me and we are probably crossing paths at 3 am when we lie awake thinking thinking thinking....

    ReplyDelete