Mini Portfolio

Monday, February 22, 2010

"Off" the Walls


As a window treatment professional many times I am called on to come up with creative or unusual ways of installing treatments.

In this application I was asked to install treatments on 100 year old plaster walls. Trust me that put “fear” in my heart – if you don’t know a “small” hole in plaster walls can become a “large” issue both time and money wise!

Instead of mounting the valances to the wall, we were able to attach them by toe nailing screws through the moldings above the windows into the mount boards of the valances.

In this case it definitely paid off for both the client and myself – that part of my job as professional Window Treatment Designer/Fabricator is to think outside of the box – or in this case “off” the wall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment