Mini Portfolio

Friday, April 24, 2009

Balancing on the Beam

As a young girl my favorite gymnastic event was the Balance Beam. I loved how it could be so graceful and yet so perilous at the same time.

We all need to find balance in our lives. I know many of us struggle with it daily. I'm one of those people. I'm learning that when we neglect one area of our lives the others suffer from the neglect also...we slip off that small beam we balance on.



Daily I struggle to keep the paperwork and accounting part of my job in balance with the appointments and client time, which I struggle to keep in balance with the creative & fabrication time. All are equally important, but obviously like everyone I have my strengths and my weaknesses, learning that more and more each day.

One thing I've put into action is to do a bit of paperwork and accounting each morning so that it is more manageable and since it's not my favorite part of the job, I don't neglect it. I'm also learning to reach out to family and friends who can assist me, so that I'm not in this alone.

I'm sure that this will continue to be my event...learning to balance and even be graceful in my business - as my own version of "Wonder Woman" - on the balance beam of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment